Nomad 3D Converter
Input : XML file exported by SolidWorks. Output : File name in a new folder (recommended). Decimation ratio : 0.5 (recommended value). Compute axes : Computes the axes (translational and rotational) from the mates. Fix all components : default value (on the mates). Free all components : no mates.
The converter creates 3 folders that contain the geometries (STL files) depending on the level of detail. The XML file is also written on the main folder.
- The conversion has a progress bar and a log file is generated.
- Mates are used in the Converter but not in the Editor, that is why Fix or Free will provide the same results in the Editor.
- An axis is added for each component (see data model) with type=Fixed or type=None so that when a component is edited, the axis is directly modified and there is no creation of axis.
- The renaming of the files to avoid special characters is automatically done.
- Compute axes : Provides not so good results (works on SCI-11-06-16-ILL-CHANGEUR).
- The algorithm to compute the axes can be improved but it seems to be difficult to implement because it supposes to know well all the mate possibilities and to treat incomplete mate definitions.
- The Blender scripts is located in scripts/simplify.py.