Collisions & physics
The focus for collisions detection should on developing a CPU strategy, because the GPU is already used at 100% (a better GPU may be useful at some point).
See these three.js examples :
Screen space collision detection using stencil buffer (GPU approach) :
- In three.js, see the classes
WebGLState(the functions concerning the stencil buffer in
WebGLStateseem to be undocomutended atm)
Additional library :
- Physisjs : three.js plugin for the physics simulation with collision detection feature.
- Investigate what causes the crash when exporting the geometries (FIGARO)
- Several decimated levels of details with different decimate ratio
- The user should be able to move components with controls like this : https://threejs.org/examples/#misc_controls_transform
- Select components with a 2D region on the screen (in Blender there rectangular and circular regions)
- Better environment (instrument dependent ?)